Kiley and I are in my hometown. There is something about this place that rejuvinates me. It's been great to see Kiley enjoy my family and the outdoors of beautiful Southern Utah. She's been having so much fun with her cousins. We've had fun at the awesome swimming pool in town, the Creek, and at my family's cabin. Uncle Ryan and Aunt Melanie even surprised Kiley with a pink fishing pole! She was so excited and absolutely loves it! She practiced dropping her fishing line off the cabin's back deck. We made arrangements for her to catch a bag of fruit snacks (thanks Grandma!). She thought that was the best! There were no fish to be found at Duck Creek though. Honestly, I don't know what she would have done if we had caught a fish... good thing Uncle Ryan was there to help out! I'll post some pics when we're back in CT.
Top Quotes From Our Trip:
1) "I caught nothing!" - Shouted after she tried her luck fishing once more for another bag of fruit snacks off the back deck of the cabin.
2) "That mountain has a crown!" - Kiley commenting on some of the mountain silhouettes. Don't know how I missed it during my many years here.
3) "K for Kiley!" - The "K" on the mountainside is apparently for Kiley, not Kanab. Who knew?
3 comments:
peaceful
I agree that southern Utah has a majesty about it that is very special. Just got to love Kiley and her observations!
The peaceful should have been deleted...sorry.
I bet it is so nice to be HOME! Enjoy it.
Post a Comment