Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Virginia Beach

Last week, Kiley and I went with Kullen to Virginia Beach for four days where he was attending a course. It was a nice little get-away. Memorable moments:
- The fire alarm at our hotel went off at 4am the first night! 4am! We hustled down three flights of stairs. Needless to say, Kiley was scared to death! No fire, just an electrical issue.
- We had lots of fun swimming in the hotel's pool.
- We went to the Virginia Aquarium as a family and saw seals, otters, sharks, etc.!
- We are fans of Jason's Deli.
- Kiley and I went to the zoo and saw four lion cubs! So cute! Kiley started to wilt around 11:30am, so we had to leave a little earlier than I wanted to.

- Kiley started to pose for pictures. When did that mental switch occur? (She tells me you "go like this, Mom" and she bends her knee and points her toe to the floor.)
- Kiley and I had a super enjoyable day at the beach. I scored a great location where one of the local hotels sets up a kids play area. Beach umbrellas, buckets, the whole deal. It was awesome!

- I got to see dolphins in the ocean and visited with a woman from Philadelphia while our daughters played together.
- We got to go on the airplane with Daddy!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, that sounds fantastic.
What a fun trip (besides the being woken up @4am).
If they're doing another conference/course next year, let us know!

Jennifer said...

Too much fun! Those are the trips you want to go on again and again. sorry Kullen had to work! Love you.

Melissa B. said...

So fun. The joys of living on the EAst coast. I know the west has lots to offer, I will admit. It's just fun to say now that we are gone.