- New friendships. Being a stay-at-home mom has allowed me the opportunity to forge some new friendships with other domestic workers. I am grateful for their example of patience, energy, and service for their families and others.
- Cousins. We've done a better job this summer getting together with Kullen's sister's family who live in MA. They have 3 girls, so when we get together it's all about squeals, laughter, and play. Last month we took them blueberry picking... talk about a day I wish I had my camera. The weather was beautiful, the girls giggled amidst the rows of blueberry bushes, they dared each other to try them (a couple even decided that they were good!), and they held hands as they walked through the orchard. Picturesque for sure, but alas, no camera. So with these words in type, I'm hoping to be able to remember that sweet time together.
- Surprises. Kullen surprised us by taking the day off yesterday to take the family to Lake Compounce. We had a great time! Kiley even talked me in to going on some of the rides with her. It was actually a delight to join her. I was pregnant when we went last summer and all I could do is watch! And again, no camera. But could my point-and-shoot camera capture the fun that Kiley and Kullen has together playing in the water? Or her laughter and screams on the rides? Or my tightly-closed eyes when I went with her on the ride that drops you and pulls you up and drops you again? Can a camera capture the moment when you laugh because you're semi-scared about being dropped 20 feet at a time? It's true that I could have taken a picture of Aubrey sleeping in her stroller, but it takes an artistic photographer to capture the sweetness and patience of that little baby while we enjoyed the park with Kiley.
- Laughter. I love that there's another layer of laughter in our home. Aubrey's giggle is addictive and it's her sisters daily goal to make her laugh. Sweet is the sound. The corners of my mouth involuntarily curve upward when it hits my ears.
So there are no pictures to accompany this entry. But if I neglected to write because I lacked pictures, there is much that would go undocumented. I love to write and need to take the opportunity and time to do it more frequently. Because after all, we need to enjoy and capture those moments when life happens without a camera nearby.
No comments:
Post a Comment