Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

Is it possible?  I knew I'd get a little teary-eyed when I put her on the bus, but I got a little more sentimental upon seeing tears in her father's eyes.  Why have these past 5 years gone by so quickly?  How is it possible that this child has grown as much as she has?

I am more excited for Kiley than I am sad.  I so look forward knowing this little girl when she's a first grader, a fourth grader, and (gasp!) a sophomore in high school.  She's amazing.  I pray that I will be the type of mother she needs me to be through each and every stage.

Love you Kiley!



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well, that's just awesome. Congratulations Kiley!

Kristin said...

Congrats! Hate to tell you that I still get teary every year when they go to meet the teacher. I don't know what it is but I just get all emotional that they will be spending more time with this stranger than they will with me and there will be a big chunk of their lives that I will not be a part of. Gosh it's making me cry again.