I just made this soup lastnight and it is soooo yummy and so seasonally appropriate! My husband doesn't think soup is a food, and Kiley won't eat it, so I have lots all for myself. I skipped the carrots and celery (my fridge was bare!), used dehydrated onions instead fresh, and halfed the recipe for just me. So good! The curry gives it a good kick!
2 Tbsp. butter
2 medium onions, chopped (1 cup)
1 medium carrot, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 stalk celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 15oz. cans pumpkin
2 14oz cans chicken broth
2/3 cup water
1 cup half-and-half or light cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
Melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, carrot, and celery. Cook 10 minutes stirring occassionally, until softened. Add curry powder and pumpkin pie spice. Cook and stir 1 minute. Add pumpkin, broth, and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Remove from heat, cool slightly.
Blend 1/3 mixture at a time in food processor or blender (I didn't have to do this, b/c I didn't have the chunky veges). Return to soup pot. Stir in half-and-half, salt, and pepper. Heat through.
Yummy served w/ dried cranberries and croutons sprinkled on top. Enjoy!
3 comments:
I will have to try it. I vowed I was giving up on my 6 year pumpkin soup obsession, after my last attempt I thought would be the perfect one. No one at my house would eat mine either. Bowen usually LOVES soup.
About the $1 tooth fairy, I thought I was being crazy with the dollar. There is no way $10 yikes!
Melissa -
Five years ago I swore I'd never cook soup again after yet another failed (read: nasty) attempt. I saw your recipe and it sounded so delicious I thought I'd give it a try. I LOVED it! So did Evan and even my youngest son. It was a total hit.
Do you have any other soup recipes? I may not give up on soups after all, thanks to you. :)
Post a Comment