Motherhood is by far my #1 favorite thing about my life. But for now, I feel fortunate to have this little escape. My hotel room will be cocoon like - I'm dreaming about an evening of room service and reading. The best part, is this escape is all courtesy of the great company I work for.
For my friends who have moved away and need an update (some have asked questions in their comments, I just have never answered them): I work 3 days/week for the same company I worked for prior to having Kiley. I do alot of rotation in Human Resources roles to maintain my part-time schedule.
Trip Status:
- 2:15pm - On the train to Philadelphia. Next stop: New York Penn Station
- 2:38pm - Views of the Manhatten skyline out my window.
- 5pm - In my hotel room in city center. My suburban ears are quickly atuned to the noises of the street below. Horns honking, brakes screeching, people shouting. So long as they know to kindly be quiet around 9pm. I contemplating hitting the fancy restaurant here at the hotel for dinner. I took a peek at the menu... and it's looking pretty good. Pricey, but my daily meal stipend will help.
- 6:48pm - I am stuffed. Davio's did not disapoint. A simple salad with balsamic vinegarette, eggplant aoili with delicious bread, marinated olives, filet mignon, steamed asparagus and roasted garlic. Delish! And I read my book the entire time.
6 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful escape! Enjoy!
Sounds like heaven!! Happy New Year.
Bliss!!!
Sounds like a delightful escape! It was so wonderul to see you and the family today at the store! can't wait to our catch up!!:)
How wonderful! Enjoy yourself. Mom's need an escpae every now and again. I wish I could join you :) Have fun!
I am jealous! A great meal that you didn't have to cook or clean up. Time alone. Thanks for the updates.
Post a Comment