The snow covering our fence in the backyard. There's a fence in that pile of snow, I promise.
Me in front of the pile of snow. Yes, it's up to my shoulders.
The pathway to our front door:
The canal that is our driveway:
Our house was built in 1938 and seems pretty solid. But boy, I sure hope it can withstand all this snow! It's insane.
For those who are living through this madness with me, and are dealing with kids stuck in the house, here are a couple of things I've done with Kiley (feel free to pass along some ideas too!):
- I pulled out all my scrapbooking paper and stamps and let her go hogwild. What am I saving this stuff for???
- Filled a container with uncooked rice and hid things in it (like beads) that she had to find. We got alot of time out of this one. It's worth breaking in to the food storage if you're going up the walls.
- Had her build a cool hideout in a gigantic box. Blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, a flashlight and books = one great time.
- I've got my Barbie groove on. I'm channeling my inner 6-year old self. I loved playing with those things growing up.
- And thank goodness for some TV time!



4 comments:
That is so much snow! Crazy. My kids were running around in shorts and flip flops this afternoon. Thanks for your list of ideas though. I will remember those for July when we are stuck inside :)
It is insane! A. has decided that tea parties with real herbal tea is a great way to pass the time. I think we might try skiing outside our front door too:)
I remember those CT winters. It was then that I decided Utah winters weren't nearly so bad. The only problem is we spent 5 years in AZ, so I forgot all about the CT winters, so now I am back to hating the UT winters. Thanks for the reminder. :)
Ct winters definetly give perpective to Utah winters. I laugh when I hear people say it is cold. Don't get too buried under that snow! I can't believe it!
Post a Comment