Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dear Diary

I've kept a journal since I first learned to write.  Every time I finished a journal, I loved the process of shopping for a new one to fill with my ideas, dreams, and activities.  My life is now busy raising two beautiful girls - I don't have a lot of down time to contemplatively put pen to paper.  Blogging has served a couple of purposes for me: 1) it's allowed me to continue the journaling process albeit in a bit modified version; and 2) I'm able to keep my family posted regularly with pictures and such.  I feel like I have a major task looming over me if I go too long without documenting some.  We've done a lot in the past month, so here's a small attempt to try to capture a portion of it.

The girls and I visited my family in Kanab for a couple of weeks.  We were there for the 4th of July - an absolutely wonderful time to be there.  They celebrate in true small-town Americana style.  The firework display is extra amazing because the fireworks' boom echoes through the canyons and the fireworks light up the red canyon walls.  Truly awesome.  I relish in the time we spend with my family.  I hate being so far away.  But the visits are wonderful and we always look forward to our next visit.




1 comment:

Neil and Ms.T said...

There is nothing better than my good old journal! Some of them should be burned, but oh well.....I'm just not feeling it, yet.....
Also, there is nothing more fun than being in Utah for the 4th and 24th! The old fashioned parade's are my all time favorite, and I miss it dearly! Maybe next year, I will get my red wagon and drag it all over Glastonbury singing patriotic songs! Loved all your pictures!
HUGS! T