It was originally listed for $165. I asked the gentleman selling it to sand, prime, and deliver it to my home from a town 40 minutes away. Total cost: $300. It was so well worth it to have him break the finish for me - it would have been an absolute bear.
$30 worth of paint and $20 worth of hardware and here's my finished product:
I'm really pleased with the way it turned out and it holds so much stuff! Our dining room doubles as a craft room, so this hutch does double duty. My mother-in-law was so impressed with it and was especially impressed once she learned that the piece is made by Pennsylvania House. The thing is solid. I find that I'm attracted to pieces that look slightly aged, so I figured why not start with a used piece and make it what I want vs. paying $1000+ for something new?
Next project? Converting a coat closet in to a pantry. Stay tuned for pics on that one!


2 comments:
It turned out really cute!
Very cool! And what a great idea to have him sand and prime it and deliver it...wish I was that smart.
Post a Comment