Monday, February 20, 2012

Winter Lapse

I just downloaded pictures from my camera and realized that I haven't done so since Christmas Eve!  Consequently, I never posted about Christmas time, our trip to Utah in January, fun get-togethers with friends, the three days I was a mother to four girls (two nieces stayed with us), all kinds of occurrences!

So while I don't intend to make up for all of it now, I will share a couple of pictures that are a good sampling of the past two months:
 A teething reindeer.  Seriously, check out the drool on this baby!

Daddy turned Kiley in to a Christmas tree using balloons.

Christmas morning.
A fun "Friends Camp" play date with some preschool friends.  Two of the girls are my nieces from MA.

A beautiful picture of my mother with the girls.


Today is February 20th.  Where has this winter gone?  I scanned the yard today looking for signs of spring; and there they were: daffodils starting to push up from the ground, new grass forming in the moss, birds singing in the morning.  Soon I will be enjoying the 100+ bulbs I planted last fall (fingers crossed), lamenting the two-thirds of my magnolia tree that succumbed to the ice in October, and planning a birthday party for a 6-year old.  Yes, I daresay that spring is not too far away.

No comments: