Monday, October 8, 2012

Blog Burn-out

I have fallen out of love with blogging.  I like the idea of it, but the process of downloading pics, thinking of clever captions, phrasing, etc. is just no longer fun for me.  I would much rather flip through a magazine, or work on a project with my downtime - which isn't much at this phase of life.  So blogging becomes another item on my "to do" list, for the sake of documenting a moment of our lives, uploading some pics for friends and family, and trying to be brilliant with what I type.  I also feel like my posts get repetitive: look!  we sent to XXX children's museum!  we went to XXX fair!  we did XXX for the first time (pose, snap pic, and peg for blog post).

Yeah, I'm over it.  But I feel compelled to continue, even if it is at my infrequent rate of once every 6-8 weeks.  Maybe in time it will pick up again.  So where do I start after these several weeks I've allowed myself off?

Let's talk about some firsts:

This is my first time ever up close to a real living, breathing ox.  I've seen them in statue form at various Latter-day Saint temples and monuments, but these ones were real.  Their shoulders were as tall as me.  Yolked together, they could pull more than most tractors (I know this because we watched some ox pulls and some tractor pulls, and the oxen could handle more weight.  Amazing animals.
I've lived in my house for almost seven years.  I have painted nearly every room and made it my own.  For some reason, I always just lived with the dark yellow walls in my front room.  Now they are a beautiful Horizon Grey (by Benjamin Moore).  They have breathed new life in to this heavily used room.  I once again love it.  The black rectangles on the wall are to help me visualize the height of the sconces I installed.  Still a few more things to do before it's entirely together, but it's getting close!

I have looked forward to taking Kiley to her first Broadway play.  We hit Mary Poppins with her Daisy troop.  It was a fun evening and a cute play.  She didn't love it though.  It was entirely too late, and I didn't buy her a chotchkey (sp?) for a play she didn't really enjoy (I know, mean mommy).  That provided a good teaching moment, but this has caused me to pause on taking her to see Nutcracker this Christmas.  Perhaps a matinee...

Aubrey's first time with pigtails!

We've been to this museum before, but here's why this pic is a first.  This was the first time Kiley had a full day off from school for Yom Kippur, which falls on a Wednesday.  Most holidays have fallen on a Monday thus far.  Kiley picked the activity for the day and we loaded up and went.  It was like a gift-wrapped day to enjoy my girls together.  I'm a lucky mama.

No comments: