1. A warm home.
2. Cozy slippers.
3. The opportunity to help others.
4. I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
5. I am thankful for my health.
6. Grateful for the opportunity to vote today!
7. I am grateful for a mother who stayed home to nourish me. She helped me develop my imagination, independence, and confidence. She made me breakfast for dinner, bologna sandwiches, and peanut butter and honey on graham crackers. She listened (and continues to), held me close, and always trusted me. Love her.
8. Grateful for a husband who takes his career seriously and strives hard to provide for our family. He works hard both inside and outside our home. He helps with laundry, cooking, and picking up. This weekend, he is planning on making six pumpkin pies for a local food bank. His ability to accomplish a bazillion things before 10 a.m. amazes me.
9. A messy face two year old!
10. Sunshine.
11. There's a blond-haired, blue-eyed beauty who stole my heart six and a half years ago. Today (and everyday), I am grateful for my Kiley! For the sequin-loving, singing, style-conscious girl that she is!
12. Today I am grateful for lopping sheers and my Smith & Hawken gardening gloves. Oh.... and ibuprofen.
13. A beautiful home.
14. I am grateful for prayer. I don't always get the answer I want, but the act alone brings me tremendous peace. When I pray for others, I like to think that they feel that same peace too.
15. I am grateful for my roots. For the small town I grew up in and the in depth characteristics of my grandparents. I'm so fortunate to have grown up knowing them. I love the thought that I am part cowboy, arrowhead hunter, beauty potion lover, and expert gardener. I'm still waiting for some of these wonderful characteristics to manifest themselves. I'm guessing it will take patience and hard work!
16. Happy to have family coming to visit for the night!
17. Grateful for sleeping children.
18. Today I am grateful for the life of a sweet little girl who was born 9 years ago, today. Love you Lauren!
19. I stayed up 10 minutes later tonight to watch my sweet girls sleeping. Beautiful.
20. Quiet.
21. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a stay-at-home mom right now. I miss being a career woman, and sometimes mommy-brain can be very frustrating.... but it will be all-too-soon that my little ones will not be so little, and back to work I will go.
22. Friends.
23. A good excuse to have dessert for dinner.
24. A train ride with Santa! He paused, looked at Kiley and came right up to her and said, "I cannot believe how much you have grown this year! And I want to thank you for being such a sweet big sister and a help to your mom." I about fell off my chair! How did he know?
25. Love my laptop.
26. Music. I love to watch my girls dance and listen to them sing. Aubrey was singing "Happy Birthday to me..." in her crib this afternoon after her nap. So sweet. I like sneaking a peak in my rearview mirror to see Kiley singing her heart out with a favorite pop song. Although I don't sit and play the piano as much as I would like, nor do I sing in formal settings anymore, I am grateful that music is a part of my daily life. My secret love of dance music has rubbed off on my girls - to the point that I rarely get to listen to anything but!
27. Telephones. I live too far away from my family. I am grateful to be able to pick up the phone to catch up. Although... I would love to be sitting at my sister's bar right now hearing about her trip to Mexico and find out how she's doing. The phone will have to do!
28. I am grateful that Kiley loves school. I love that she wants to be smart. She wants to be good. I love that we are now able to snuggle beneath her covers and read chapter books together. I love watching her read books to her sister. She's a smart cookie!
29. I am blessed by the relationship with my father. No matter how busy he is, he always steels a moment to tell me he loves me. He writes me handwritten notes. When I was in college, he'd but a $100 bill in an envelope and mail it to me. I am grateful for his hard work and sensitivity. Love you dad!
30. Happy to be pulling out Christmas decorations today. Let the decking of the halls begin!
G I V E T H A N K S
G R A T I T U D E
T H A N K S G I V I N G
1 comment:
I always think about you guys this month every year, especially towards the end:) I can't believe it' s been 8 years this November for sweet little Lauren. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment