Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Music of My Life

I'm loving that Aubrey is starting to sing.  Quite frequently it's "Twinkle Twinkle" or "Ring Around the Rosies" or some other childhood favorite.  But sometimes, it's a popular song like "You Don't Know You're Beautiful" (One Direction), or "Dynamite" (Taio Cruz) and you have to figure out what she's singing.  It's awesome.
(photo taken in Zion National Park)

Kiley has started piano lessons.  Her piano teacher, Miss Kathye, taught music classes when Kiley was in preschool, and Kiley always loved her.  I was delighted to find out that she taught privately.  Playing the piano has been a talent I have never regretted having.  If anything, I wish I had opportunities to share it more, play more.  There was a period of my life, when music was probably 60% of my world.  No exaggeration.  I'm hoping to re-incorporate it in to my life a little more.  I miss it.

Kiley and Aubrey both love popular music.  They both love to dance.  Kiley loves to sing, play-microphone in hand, with dramatic gestures and moves to accommodate the lyrics.  She rarely lets me watch, but sometimes I catch a glimpse of her inner pop-diva.
(photo taken by my friend, Christine, at a Daisy meeting)

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
- Berthold Auerbach

No comments: