Monday, July 28, 2014

It's April. Let's Pretend it is Anyway...

April was a fun month!  We had some good friends from our dental school days come out for a visit.  They're little boy was a year old when they left and returned a grown 12-year old!  It was great fun to catch up with the Beykirch family and have them spend a few days with us.  Kiley and Aubrey loved hanging out with their kids - which made for a great time.

We also got a trip in to Kanab!  I got to meet that new cute nephew and enjoy being with my family.  The girls loved our day we spent with Aunt Melanie and Tenley in St. George.  The new kids museum there is exceptional and they loved the water area in the historical district.  It's neat to see the great town that St. George has turned in to and the things they are doing to increase their aesthetic appeal and culture.

We also braved Zion on a shuttle day!  We tend to avoid Zion when the shuttles are running but I desperately wanted to go.  So off we went.  And you know what?  They were just fine.  It was nice to be in the park - albeit a little crowded.  But that's normal now.  We've been surprised about how busy the park can be during off season.  I spent many days there growing up.  New Englanders head to the beach, Kanab-ites head to the National Parks.  I have many fond memories of Zion.  Kullen and I even got engaged there!  This picture is at the Lower Falls.

We have started walking in the March of Dimes as a family in memory of our sweet Lauren.   I've wanted to find a few traditions each year to help us remember her, and this seemed like a good fit.  Love you Lauren!


No comments: