Monday, August 11, 2014

An Eventful May

Kiley got baptized in May!  Which means we had family visit!  We had Daddy's birthday, dance recitals, and Daddy had an extreme driving experience in a Lamborghini!  Here's the most important event of the month:




It was great to have everyone come to support Kiley at her baptism.  She was baptized with her good friend, Abby, who waited 4 months to be baptized with Kiley!  Such a good friend!  We had the baptism on a beautiful Saturday morning, and had family and friends over to our house for lunch afterwards.  The weather was so gorgeous that everyone just enjoyed hanging out and visiting.  After a never-ending winter, we truly lucked out!  The sun was out!  It was warm!

Abby's mom gave a wonderful talk on baptism, and the kids performed a musical number on their instruments (Kiley on piano, Abby and siblings on violins), and I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost.  Kiley's friend Riley, and her mom came to Kiley's baptism as well.

The kids played "When I Am Baptized," which happens to be one of my favorites and one that I sang to Kiley frequently when she was a baby.  I was so pleased that the kids were able to perform it together.

Kiley's Dad performed the baptism as well as the confirmation.  Her Grandpa Judd and Grandpa Gallagher got to be in the confirmation circle along with Bishop Nelson and some Ward friends.  It was truly a great day!

No comments: