Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Waiting, Waiting.... Waiting

June brought the end of school for both girls and the beginning of summer!  We have been gearing up for a massive remodel of our home that was slotted to begin the end of May.  Three months later, and we're still waiting.  We've packed boxes, moved furniture, all in preparation for what is still yet to come.  It's been annoying and frustrating to say the least.  As for the inability to plan my summer because I thought I would need to stick around to make construction and design decisions... well don't even get me started!

We have managed to get some fun things in this summer by sticking close to home.  We've had a couple of fun visits to see cousins in Massachusetts, beach dates with friends, an overnight with Grandparents in New Hampshire, and a few fun days as a family in New York (Manhatten, Bronx Zoo, Lego Discovery Center).  Aubrey attended a preschool camp for a week, and Kiley went to a horse-riding camp, which I think she might have found more exhausting than fun at times.  We've hit the pool, gone on family bike rides and walks.   The girls have had some fun playdates with friends and Kiley had her first friend sleep-over (they woke up at 4am, thinking it was 8am).  It took her two days to recover.


Oh!  And swimming lessons!  A two week block of time with lessons every day in a town 30 minutes away.  It monopolizes the schedule a bit, but it's a really good school.  Kiley is excelling in her class and Aubrey is baby-stepping her way to being comfortable in the water.  She inhaled water on Day 1 which has caused for a major setback.

And, in a fit of frustration, I booked a flight West for the girls and I.  It's been so hard to let the summer go by without a visit.  It will be a relatively quick one, for only a week, but we'll take it.  We leave in a week.  I need to breath in some desert air to calm myself down and gear up for impending doom.... I mean construction and dealing with our contractor of choice, or beginning the search for a new one.

School starts up in two weeks for Kiley and three weeks for Aubrey.  For a summer that was left loosely planned, it has gone super quickly.


No comments: