Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kiley's Newest Cousin / 25 Things About Me




Last week we made a spontaneous trip to NH to visit Kiley's newest cousin, Tucker Crawford (Kullen's younger sister, Koleen's). Practically the entire Gallagher clan met up at Joe and Eileen's and enjoyed hanging out for a few hours. Tucker's a cutey and I really enjoyed playing with his big brother, Luke (also a cutey). You always forget how little these babies are when their brand new. And then there's the acknowledgement that my baby more closely resembles a little girl now. The baby is all gone. She's sassy, knows what she likes, and sings Taylor Swift (aka Hannah Montana) in the car when we drive around. She's starting pre-school next week. I have her first parent-teacher meeting tomorrow morning. My baby's not such a baby. It's amazing how quickly they grow.




25 Random Things About Me:
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you

1. I was chubby in middle school.
2. I like to organize things; but it's very common for me to have a pile of things in my house desperate to be organized.
3. My friend Jennifer Martin and I once told people that we rode our bikes to Page and back. They believed us.
4. I don't like to sweat. And I don't like sweaty people.
5. I love shoes and purses. If I had a bigger closet, I'd be in trouble.
6. I like to imagine what life would be like if I had chosen a different career track, not married the man I married, etc.
7. I love my family. I am devoted to them.
8. If I had more time, I would like to learn how to be a good gardener.
9. I think my husband looks hot in his doctor's mask.
10. I just whipped through the Twilight books and am in withdrawal. I'm left craving another good, light read. So I went to the local library and snagged a couple of books out of the "teen" room without really previewing them (Kiley was with me). I got them home and one turned out being about a lesbian freshman in college who falls for her professor, the other about a girl who's mom gets murdered. Great. 0 for 2. Any recommendations???
11. I feel blessed to have a great job. And to be able to do it part-time.
12. I'm cold more than I am warm. It starts with the feet.
13. My favorite color is blue.
14. I don't know that I ever would, but if I were to get any type of cosmetic surgury, it would be a toss-up between a tummy tuck, a nose job, or a chin tuck.
15. My command of the English language has decreased since college. My college journal entries are so beautifully composed. Now, I blog in bullets, summaries, and short sentences.
16. My husband wooed me by taking me to a Yo Yo Ma solo concert in the Berkshire mountains during a thunderstorm (among many other things).
17. I always miss Kanab. Always.
18. My left foot is bigger than my right.
19. Every day I treat myself to a diet cola.
20. I cherish motherhood.
21. My belief that the family unit is an eternal entity brings me great comfort.
22. I love music.
23. I love to feel the warmth of the sun in the early spring.
24. I'm a naturally-born safety-(wo)man. I've never played on the wild side. I'm always careful, always cautious.
25. I believe in modern day miracles.

Tag to anyone who cares to take the time!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Stravaganza series by Mary Hoffman. Totally love it juvenille easy read and the fourth book just came out last year.
Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull the fourth book comes out next month, (there will be 5 in this series)

The Williams Family said...

So your telling me you guys never really rode your bikes to Page? Thanks a lot!

The Williams Family said...

That last comment was Sara NOEL Williams by the way.