I love April. One of the main reasons is because the gigantic magnolia tree I have in my backyard blooms in beautiful perfection. The blooms are as big as your hand and it scents my entire backyard with the sweet smell of spring. The blooms usually stick around for a couple of weeks, but unfortunately are dropping quickly due to the heat wave we had (4 days of 90 degree weather). In the picture of Kiley, she's sunscreened to the hilt and sweaty from playing outside all afternoon.
Kiley's been asking to go get some popcorn off of the trees. I had to explain to the poor kid that trees don't really make popcorn like the primary song says ("popcorn popping on the apricot tree..."), the blossoms just look like popcorn. Ohhhhhhhh.
She's downstairs right now watching High School Musical II, which is a very cute show. I find myself chuckling at it. She's also occassionally running in to the kitchen to sneak some potato chips out of the drawer. Her favorite: Chedder and Sour Cream.
5 comments:
I miss spring in the East. My favorite! What a gorgeous tree! Kiley is darling.
How beautiful! I can't imagine living in a place where there are so many lovely trees and flowers. I'd love to get out of the desert! Enjoy your trees :)
I hope you broke out the Winnie-the-Pooh sprinkler on those 90 degree days!
Kiley is so cute. She looks so grown up. Love your tree. I wish my computer had scratch and sniff. Hope all is well. Love ya.
I love Kiley's facial expression. Her eyes are almost as big as the magnolia blossoms.
My kids love the HSM movies, too. There's something to be said for those catchy tunes.
Post a Comment