Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Petshop Party!

We had a few kids over last weekend to celebrate Kiley's birthday.  Now that she's had the party, she thinks she's officially four (her actual birthday is still a few days out).   Next birthday: TEN!

My mom about died when I told her I would be serving the kids ice-cream in dog bowls instead of cake... but they loved it!  Here are a few pics from the party:

Playing pin-the-tail on the dog.
A petshop sticker craft.

"Lilypad Leaping" - a version of musical chairs.  You should have seen some of these kids jump!  It was such a nice day and with Madagascar's "I like to move it, move it!" song playing, they had a ball!
Snacks at the party: Dog bones, Kitty treats, toadstools, and monkey snacks!





Favors included bags of "Kibble for Kids" (the yummy chocolate-peanut butter Crispex concoction that can be so addictive), pet collar bracelets they could take home to put on a stuffed animal, a Littlest Petshop foam-sticker kit, and a $5 gift certificate to pick out a book at Barnes & Noble. 

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ummm, will you just do this party again for Kenna? Please? No really, I'm serious.

Jamie said...

That is a darling idea for a party. I love that they ate ice cream out of dog bowls. So cute!

The Lamb's said...

How cute! I love all of your ideas. I bet she had the best time! Way to go :)

Sarah said...

What a fun theme for a party. Good times for all.