Closets were a very important part of my childhood. They were my secret hide-out, a favorite place to nap, a place to hide secret snacks or special treasures. A good closet is a necessity for every kid in my book. Now fast-forward to my purchasing a home built in the 1930's, a home with relatively small closets (in today's terms). But the one in Kiley's room is pretty decent. Prior to it's interior makeover, the floor was cluttered with blankets, clothes that had fallen off their hangers, toys, stuffed animals, etc. Such wasted potential. I got shelving, a puck-light, a cute stool and chair, and voila! a hide-out fit for my kid.
Imagine my delight when it gets quiet and I find her in there reading. It was extra rewarding and reinforcing when I found her asleep one afternoon.
Aren't closets great?
Baby update: 3 weeks to go. Can't wait. People are starting to look at me like I could have the baby any day. I waddle. Clothes are uncomfortable. I sit like a man. It's time.
2 comments:
I think Kenna slept in her closet for like two months straight once upon a time......
Waddle like you own it, cook the baby a little longer and let's get her here!
looks like Heaven!
Post a Comment