Yet another day when I'm not going to be able to get to bed as early as I would like. As for last night? Kiley woke up at 10:30 just as I was about to go to bed. So I was up with her until 11:30. She then woke me up at 1am because she was having a hard time falling asleep (she had been awake all that time). So I went and "slept" with her until 1:40. Aubrey woke up at 5am. Isn't that how it goes? My eyes did not want to open this morning.
Kiley stayed home again today. I figured one more day of r&r was warranted. But boy, am I ready to get back in to our more regular schedule of school, activities, and playdates. Mama's sick of being the sole source of entertainment (me and the tv that is). Aubrey's now running a fever - and will probably have it for the next couple of days. Er to, my canceling plans to have friends over this weekend.
So what a week this wound up being... the one week I randomly decided to document each day. From a general reader's perspective, I'm sure it's been riveting. From a mother's perspective, I imagine it's fairly representative of life. Birthdays are no longer just about us. Life gets put on hold to care for our little ones. At moments I have thought about how I would have juggled this week if I were still working. A feat for sure. Kullen's work schedule is hard-set with zero flexibility. I was always the one who had to switch things up and make accommodations when necessary. I am grateful to have not had to worry about that.
I put a successful career on hold for a time to be a stay-at-home mom, and I'm proud of my decision. It must be said that some weeks are funner than others. This just happened to be one that was seriously in the trenches. I have scoured the house and slept little. But I get hugs and loves all day long. My compensation is in the form of two adorable girls who love me and need me as much as I do them. And you can't put a price on that. Our sweet little family was not easily accomplished and I feel so tremendously fortunate to look in to these two sweet faces every day. To have play time, craft time, snack time, outdoor time, homework time, bath time, getting ready for the day time, and ah yes.... bedtime.
Good night!
Ok, so seriously, I just went upstairs because Kiley sounds like she's going to hack up a lung. She's coughing, Kullen's snoring... is this payback for sleeping in on my birthday!!!??? I'm craving a night of deliciously deep, uninterrupted sleep...
Maybe for my next birthday.
1 comment:
YEAH for surviving another week "in the trenches" as you so perfectly put it! Hope this week is looking a little better. Thanks for letting my blog stock you :)
Amy
Post a Comment