Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Backpack




Kiley and I ventured out on Tuesday. Our quest: to find her the perfect backpack. We visited her grandparents over the weekend, and her little cousin Luke had a backpack. She thought it was wonderful. When her Grandma Eileen asked, "Honey, can I get you anything?" (we were eating dinner), Kiley answered, "Um, yeah. A backpack." Then she fell asleep on the drive home. We got home around 8:30 and I took her up to her bed and tucked her in. No talk about the backpack. I thought maybe she had forgotten.

But, she woke up during the night around midnight. When I went in her bedrom to get her settled, she said, "Mom, when the sun comes out, can we go get my backpack?" So the poor kid had to wait Sunday and Monday before we could go backpack shopping on Tuesday.

The outcome? One happy kid with a big "light" pink backpack with a butterfly embroidered on the back (l.l.bean). It will be great for our flight West in July. How much weight can a 40 lbs. child carry?


7 comments:

Sarah said...

Ah, the perfect backpack.
That's a moment. Almost a milestone for little kiddos.
She's growing up.
Soon she'll be filling it with school stuff.
sigh
It's good, but makes me sad that they grow so fast. Just when I have a stage and routine down, they grow beyond it.
Ah well, keeps me on my toes.

On another note, I love that you both watch SYTYCD. And I hear you on the 2hr couch potato guilt.
I justify it by reminding myself that it's the only show I watch.
That helps sometimes.
Perhaps if I brought my exercise bike down during the two hours, I'd feel better about my time spent.
We'll see.
So, do you guys have any favs yet?

Malisa Twelves said...

TOOO CUTE!

Kristin said...

She is darling. We drove through Knoab a couple of weeks ago. We always think of you when we go on through. We are now living in Utah. If you ever make it up to Provo or SLC please let us know we would love to see you.

Overall Family said...

Kiley is so cute. She looks like she is ready for her first day of school. I am amazed she was patient enough to wait til tues. Jack would have gone crazy and I probably would have broke down and gone sooner. I am such a sucker. Miss ya and hope to see you one of these days. Love Kara

Coopercomics said...

Kiley is a dang sweet little girl! Not a shocker considering that she is the daughter of one of my favorite humans in the UNIVERSE!!! Really.
Love ya
Miss ya
Lex ;)

Jennifer said...

I want a backpack. Will you help me pick one out when you are here?
Love You.

Kristen said...

Soo cute. We went strawberry picking today and thought about our fun times in Glastonbury. I think Ryan ate more that he picked, though he loved picking them as well. Love reading your blog and keeping in touch that way.