It's a bad day at our house when I decide to wash bed linens. Frequently, I do it on days I work from home to avoid the saga. Heaven forbid my child goes 4 hours with a naked pillow, and a bed without sheets. Heaven forbid we use the beautiful PB blue sheets w/ pink flowers. No instead, it must be the pink set we found at Homegoods.
The kicking and screaming ensues. "I WANT IT ON! I WANT IT ON! I WANT IT ON!" Oh... and here comes the coughing, the choking, the near puking. They're not even in the dryer yet. "I WANT IT NOW! I WANT IT NOW! I WANT IT NOW!" I even remade her bed without sheets in hopes that she wouldn't notice. No such luck. "PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! I NEED THEM ON! I NEED THEM ON NOW! I WANT THEM ON! PLEASE!?"
My child isn't one for daily tantrums. But this, the day I bravely embark on washing bed linens when she's home, a.k.a.Laundry Day, puts her over the edge.
3 comments:
Sorry, but from one mom to another I have to laugh! We have all had those days, and you wish you could throw a fit like that once in a while. Good Luck! Merry Christmas Melissa.
Wash my sheets too! Waaaaaa! Wash MY sheeeeeets! AAAAGGGGH!
Please? It's laundry day at my house too.
Put crime scene tape around her bed next time. Some day she'll be old enough to get that one. Meanwhile you get the last laugh, for now.
My goodness! I've never known anyone to be so sensitive about sheets! Hang in there. Hopefully she'll grow out of it :)
Post a Comment