There's one thing we did this year that I hope to make a tradition so long as we live in our small town: There's a Catholic church here with the most beautiful life-size nativity scene. It radiates peace, and reminds me of the reason we celebrate Christmas. The church doesn't put baby Jesus in the manger until Christmas Eve. We drove by before Christmas Eve, and pointed out to Kiley that baby Jesus wasn't there yet. Then on Christmas Eve, we drove by again, and there He was. In the manger. With a loving mother looking down on Him, a protective father, a respectful shepherd with modest gifts of fruit, and a glorious angel marking the glorious occassion.
"But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart." - Luke 2:19
As for the other side of Christmas... Kiley said, "Santa came through! He knew just what I wanted!"
Commentary on the last picture: my sister takes a picture every year of her kiddos sitting on the stairs waiting for the go ahead to run down and see what Santa brought. She calls it "The Look." It's great to see the pictures of her kids over the years. The pictures scream excitement and anticipation. I thought I would do the same for Kiley.
1 comment:
Merry Christmas! It looks like the little princess had a wonderful day. Good luck getting her out of the dress :)
Post a Comment