This week, Kiley and I had fun strawberry picking at a local orchard and heading to West Hartford Center for a TOP SECRET Father's Day mission. More details on that to follow, but I clearly can't post any more details here and now due to the TOP SECRET nature of our outing.
What I learned about you this week: At the age of four, your negotiation skills are quite impressive (long explanation to follow). This week, we learned that you will be getting a baby sister! I've been thinking about how to convert the office into a nursury for a little girl. The walls are already pale green, so I was planning on painting a block of stripes midway up the wall and around the room in bright pink, pale pink, and lime green in true Lily Pulitzer style. I thought a pink rug would be perfect. Here's the catch: You've been begging for a pink room for over a year now. How I love your tranquil hydrangea-blue walls with the purple and green accents (some pink has worked it's way in there too); it pains me to even consider painting over them. So I thought maybe we could just offer you to swap rooms and put the baby in the blue room. Your solution: "Mom, I know. Why don't you paint my room pink, and the baby can just have a green room?" Wow... what a simple solution. So instead of working on one room, I'll now work on two? While pregnant? Geees.... why didn't I think of that?
2 comments:
Congrats on a girl!! Kiley must be thrilled! I vote for the switch rooms idea.
Congratulations on the new baby girl! I am sooo happy for you and your family. I agree with the switching room idea. I love to read about Kiley's adventures and I am so glad you get to stay at home with your girls!!!
Post a Comment