Monday, June 21, 2010

Persuaded

Week 3 of our summer was spent on lots of playdates.  Kiley has some pretty cute friends.  I have been persuaded to give Kiley her pink room, but no painting!  The walls will stay the same color, just buying new bedding, a rug, and some accessories in bright pink.  All the purple stuff will be relocated to the new nursury.  "I don't like purple anymore mom.  You know that..."

Oh, our top secret Father's Day Project?  A plate for daddy that Kiley painted and put her handprint on.  Kullen's a terrific father.  We think he's pretty funny.

What I learned about you this week: You are a very dutiful child.  There were times this week that I asked you to do things that I knew you didn't want to (like leave a friend's house when it was time, give up something that you wanted to play with, or be extra good at my doctor's appointment), and most times, you would say "Okay Mommy" and follow through.  I want you to know how much I have appreciated your patience and understanding during this time when my energy has been lacking and I have not felt well.  At four, you are amazingly perceptive to my needs.  I know you will be wonderful big sister.  (pic taken by Malisa Twelves, June 2009)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You should see what Kenna persuaded me into....
Zebra bedspread
Giraffe rug
Tigers, Elephants, and lions on the wall.
Wowsers.