Friday, January 27, 2012

A Week In the Life of a Stay-at-Home Mom - Day 1

For whatever reason, blogging has gotten hard for me.  Why?  I enjoy writing, I've always been one to journal, I like to post pics regularly for friends and family... so why my procrastination?  So for now, I'm going to keep it simple, and post the things we do day-to-day for the next week.  So glamorous, I know.  But someday, I think I will look back and enjoy getting a taste of what life was like when I was a stay-at-home mom with a soon-to-be six year old, and a one year old.

Friday: Aubrey woke up entirely too early.  I don't function well if I'm awake before 6am.  We had some friends over this morning to play and visit.  The little boy (also one) rocked Aubrey's world.  If he looked at her wrong she screamed.  She has been such an unhappy baby today!  She eats constantly and still refuses to walk on her feet unassisted.
It's been raining like crazy today.  We sent Kiley to school in boots and her raincoat.  She and Madi had a fun time playing today.  I went in to the basement and found them hiding in the shower eating cheese and crackers with chocolate milk.  She's the hostess with the most-ess!  Kiley has gymnastics after school today.
Kullen is heading out with a friend tonight - making for a long day for yours truly.  But I know how important it is for him to have down-time with friends.
As for me, I will continue to clean house (it's never-ending isn't it?), do laundry, make dinner, bathe girls, and all that jazz.  Tonight I will relish in quiet.

Love this pic:


No comments: