Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Week In the Life of a Stay-At-Home Mom - Day 5

After a day of not accomplishing much yesterday, I set out to make up for it today.  I don't care what anybody says, makeup and earrings do make you feel better and more put together.  I don't think it's shallow to admit that.  
Bathroom scrubbed, beds made, permission slips signed, phone calls made, birthday presents wrapped (for friends' parties), one bazillion cookies made for Kiley's winter concert tomorrow at school, and Aubrey's 15-month wellness visit complete all by 2pm.  I ate lunch slowly in solitude (a guilty pleasure), and enjoyed some of those delicious cookies I baked.
Kiley had a big day planned: playdate before school (while I took Aubrey to her appointment), school, then she was to take a different bus to a friends' house w/ 4 other girls.  They were going to all pile in to her van and head to BounceU for a birthday party.  Kiley was sooooooooo excited.
3pm phone call: "Mrs. Gallagher?  This is Nurse Tina calling.  I have Kiley here saying she's not feeling well and she has a 100.3 degree fever."  What!!!?  Oh this poor cookie!  Off I went to pick her up.  No birthday party.  No bounce houses.  No giggling with friends in a minivan.  Oh, and no ringing her bell and getting to be "the sun" at the winter concert tomorrow.  When we walked out of that school, she just broke down.  What a lousy time to be sick.
Preview for tomorrow: Kiley will stay home from school.   I predict lots of tv.
Aubrey's wellness went well.  27 lbs. (95th percentile), 31.5 inches (80th percentile), good doctor visit, and 3 shots.  She only cried a smidge during the last one.  But, the pretzel rod the nurse gave her made it all better.

My sweet, sensitive cookie:

 My growing-up-too-quick 15-month old:
























btw: the gorgeous pictures I've been posting were taken by Michelle Hutchinson out of Wethersfield.  She came to our house and did an outstanding job.  A terrific Christmas present from Kullen's wonderful staff!  You can check her out at www.photoartbymichellemarie.shutterfly.com.

2 comments:

The Lamb's said...

Such beautiful girls! I hope everyone gets well at your house! I enjoy reading your blog :) I love how you write!

Kim H. said...

I agree, I like reading your daily blog posts. Hope she feels better soon!