Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Week In the Life of a Stay-at-Home Mom, Day 2

April 3rd and 36 degrees at the bus stop this morning.  Brutal!  I have lived in Connecticut for 15 years now, but my body still craves the early warm weather of Southern Utah.  Right now, I'm crawling up the walls for warmth, sick and tired of this perpetual state of cold.

Aubrey and I went to her music class with Miss Kathye.  To say Aubrey loves it is an understatement.    I seriously need to bring my video camera so I can film some of it.  She jumps, claps, sways to the rhythm, and marches.  Now add to that the sass of red cowboy boots, and a tye-dyed red skirt and you can get a small glimpse of our time there.

After class, Aubrey and I hit town hall and the grocery store.  I may or may not have let Aubrey eat a donut while I shopped.  Once we got home, we had some lunch and played "Just Dance!," and trains. Yes, again.

Aubrey is napping now.  She's getting to where she fights naps (so sad.... please don't give them up yet!....).  She's been begging everyday to sleep in my bed.  So we tried to today.  I told her she got one chance.  And guess what?  She's asleep.  Hurray!  I just might let her do it again!

Wednesdays are early release for Kiley and today she went to her friend, Alex's, house to play.  This is their first play date together, so I'm hoping they have a good time.

Tonight is Kullen's late night at the office, so it will be just us girls.  Dinner, homework, hopefully some playtime, and bedtime.
**************
I'm heading off to bed soon.  Kiley was so good tonight about doing her chores and writing some thank you notes for her birthday presents.  She really is such a good and sweet girl.  I'm so glad she's mine.  While she did her chores, Aubrey and I put the same 16-piece puzzle together five times.

Getting Aubrey ready for bed is somewhat of a challenge right now.  She no longer likes her footed pajamas and insists on wearing layers of light-weight pajamas and dresses.  Tonight, she wanted to wear a hoody to bed too.  I'm pretty sure that's not pediatrician-approved or recommended.

Here I am divulging all the things that I compromise on.  Meals, donuts (maybe or maybe not), pajamas, napping in my bed... what will be next???



No comments: