Friday, April 5, 2013

A Week In the Life of a Stay-at-Home Mom, Day 4

Another day.  They do seem to go quickly.

So in my attempt to get to bed before I turned in to a pumpkin last night, I didn't document a thought I've been having since my book group discussion.  We were talking about power and how men can hold certain power (ie. in the Mormon faith, the Priesthood), just by nature of being male.  Apparently there are women out there who think this is unfair in some way or another.  As a woman, I feel I have a tremendous God-given power.  I can create another human life.  No man can do that (sure we need them to make it happen.... but that's just one small detail).  To feel a baby grow within you is an amazing feeling.  To know that you can sustain that child, both within your body, and outside via breastfeeding during their early months is awesome.  And I mean "awesome" in terms of "awe inspiring," and "Godlike."  There's reason a woman glows when she's pregnant.  I wish I had shared that thought last night during our conversation.  I am so very grateful to be a Mom.  Even on days when I am pulling my hair out, I love being a Mom.  I was born to do it.  I was devastated when my first baby (Lauren) died when she was 3-weeks old.  My vision of motherhood was shattered for a period of time.  That was a really tough stage in my life.  It makes me cherish even more my Kiley and Aubrey, and the opportunity and blessing I have to be home with them.

The sun is out today!  Aubrey and I met up with some friends at a park for a couple of hours.  We played, picnic-ed, and came home for naps and cookie making.  I like to try to make a "Friday treat" for Kiley.  Kullen and I have been trying to incorporate more coconut oil in to our diets, so today I tried a new recipe for coconut chocolate chip cookies.  The dough is DYnamite.  Recipe found here:
http://www.welltraveledwife.com/2013/03/coconut-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

Kiley is home from school now and we have Riley over to play for a little bit.  I'm looking forward to having the evening for our family tonight.

We ordered the girls a playhouse for the backyard and will be spending a good part of the weekend putting it together.  Should be a fun project.

No comments: