Friday, April 5, 2013

A Week in the Life of a Stay-at-Home Mom, Day 3

It's entirely too late for me to be typing this, but I am determined to stay true to the day-by-day.  Granted, it's officially Day 4 in five minutes, so I will type quickly.

Both my girls woke up ornery this morning.  That makes it tougher to be a good, patient Mom.  I told them I was going to ship them away to Candyland for a few hours in hopes that they would return in better spirits.

There are things that I will miss about having small children.  One thing I know I will not miss is clipping their nails.  I'm to a point with Kiley where I may start outsourcing it.  Why is it that she loves having manicures, but when it comes time for me to trim her nails it's absolute excruciating pain?

The sun was out today and I was determined to spend some time outside!  Aubrey and I enjoyed some sunshine by going for a walk around the block (I pushed her on her tricycle) and working/playing in the backyard.

I did laundry, cleaned bathrooms, made dinner, bathed kids.  You know, fun stuff.

Kullen was able to come home a little earlier tonight which was nice.  We had dinner as a family and he worked with Kiley on her upcoming science project.  Unfortunately, he had to run back to the practice tonight, leaving me to get the girlies to bed by myself.

My book group met tonight to discuss "The Diaries of Adam and Eve" by Mark Twain.  Our discussion went late in to the night as it usually does.  I am not the best mom when I get little sleep, so let's hope I do okay tomorrow.  I think I hear a diet coke calling my name for breakfast in the morning.

Good night!

No comments: