Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Week in the Life of a Stay-at-Home Mom, Day 6

Great day today!  It's General Conference Sunday for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  That means a couple of things for us Mormons: one, we don't have to get dressed up and go to church.  And two, we get to stay at home and watch a televised broadcast of our Prophet and various church leaders speak.  It's a great change of pace and it's nice to have such a good reason to hang around the house with the family.  Because my kids are young, it's hard to get designated listening time in, but occasionally you catch a little something.

I left Kullen at home with the girls this morning and went for a walk!  It felt great!  And then this afternoon, I left them all at home again and went to an open house!  It felt great!

So lots of good things going on today, but one of the best things is that we had friends come over tonight.  One family we had invited over for Conference and another popped in shortly after.  What fun it was to have a house full of kids and sit around the table and visit!  I loved it!  I so miss family get-togethers, so this was just what I needed.

Kullen has a few late nights this coming week, so it looks like I will be finishing up Kiley's science experiment with her tomorrow evening.  And the forecast shows a potential 77 degree day next week!  What will I do with myself!!!?

No comments: