Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Week In the Life of a Stay-at-Home Mom, Day 1

I got my printed blog book back this weekend for 2012 and was thrilled to look through it.   One of the things I loved that I did last year, was to document the nitty-gritty for a solid week.  No fanfare, no big trips or events in the works, just a regular week.  I know when my kids are grown and on their own, I will cherish the details of the regular and seemingly mundane.  But although things can appear mundane on a daily basis, there are bigger things in the works.  Right?  Our children are growing, learning, and absorbing every minute.  All of these little things count.

What's for dinner?  I swear that's my question nearly every week day.  I used to menu plan until Kullen started eating a particular way.  Now, I go by the fly a little more based on what produce we have on hand.   And frequently what I make for Kullen and I, has to be modified or added to (or a separate meal entirely) for the girlies to eat.  Pain in the butt.  As mothers, why do we do this to ourselves?  I'm not the mom who can say "eat it or go hungry."  It's not in me.  Maybe that's bad of me...

Today is Tuesday.  Normally, Aubrey has a little class at the gym that she enjoys, but it was cancelled today.  So after putting Kiley on the bus, she and I stayed home and completed a clock project I've been wanting to do, playing with trains, and playing "Just Dance"!  This child truly just wants to dance every day.  Speaking of dance, Tuesday is also the day that Kiley has tap/jazz.  I take her and her friend Riley to class, and Riley's mom brings them home.

Tonight, was dinner, homework, baths, and story time.  Kiley and I are reading the Judy Moody series right now.  I enjoy reading them with her.  And at bath time, Aubrey got Kiley laughing so hard she gave herself the hiccups.  We pulled out a mirror so Aubrey could see how crazy her hair looked when it stood straight up with shampoo.  Then, Aubrey decided it was neat to lick the mirror.  I don't know if she liked the way it felt, looked... who knows!

There's nothing like a clean, freshly moisturized kiddo to hold on your lap during family prayers.  Aubrey is learning how to pray.  Tonight, Kiley helped her.  Pretty sweet.

No comments: