Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Week in the Life of a Stay-at-Home Mom, Day 5

What a wonderful day today has been.  Saturdays are always my day to stay in bed and not get up with the kids (delish!).  Aubrey is still quite the rooster and a very effective alarm clock.  She doesn't wake up slowly and sleepily the way many of us do.  She sits straight up and screams, "MOMMMMMEEEEEEE!  MOMMMMMEEEEEE!  MOMMMMEEEEEEEE!" until you get your butt into her room to help her get out of bed.  It's a rather rude awakening, but one that you have to chuckle about.  It's just one of those things that makes Aubrey, Aubrey.

We did stuff around the house today, devoting a lot of time outside putting the new playhouse together.  The girls seem pretty excited about it.  I think Kiley must have imagined a mansion of a playhouse, because she envisioned it with a doorbell, sink, table, bigger, better, etc.  That girl was meant to be born in to a disgustingly wealthy family.  She'll just have to slum it with us.

Lunch together, dinner together, work together, errands together.  A good day.  Kiley and I spent extra time reading tonight since Kullen went to the Priesthood session of General Conference at the church.

A whole two hours of quiet to myself.  I'm going to give myself a facial and start my new book for book group, "The Happiness Project."

Aubrey likes me to sing her a song from the "Signing Time" series (Rachel de Azevedo Coleman) when she goes to bed.  Kiley liked it too when she was young.  Now she likes to read and have her back tickled.  I'll probably forget the song by the time my kids are grown, so I'll write the words here (or at least the words I sing):

"Goodnight, Baby
The time has come to sleep
The sun has set on this day
And surely you need sleep.

Goodnight, Baby
It's faster than it seems
I used to be the baby, 
And my mom sang to me.

So goodnight.  Goodnight.
I'll watch you as you sleep
The world loves little babies
And you are the world to me."

No comments: